Our private basic rooms are characterized by their connection with nature. They are mainly made of natural materials (wood and bamboo) and have a traditional coconut roof. They are more suitable for guests on a budget who prefer to have their own space and are up for a rural Indian adventure. Windows and openings have no mesh, thus insects and small animals can sneak inside. All beds are provided with sheets, blankets, pillows and mosquito net. Each room is also equipped with a table, bamboo closet for clothes, ceiling or standing fan, electricity plugs, and power back-up for lights only. Ground floor bungalows also have outside furniture. At the end of this page, you will find details of our basic rooms, but take in consideration that we can only note a specific room preference as we only guarantee the reservation of a room type.
Notes on Rates and Discounts
– 10 % discount for 1 week minimum stay.
– 20 % discount for 2 weeks minimum stay.
– 30 % discount for 1 month minimum stay.
– 40 % discount for 2 months minimum stay.
– Additional 10 % discount for young people under 30, Friends of Auroville, Members or Auroville International.
– Additional 20 % discount for Auroville long-term volounteers, Newcomers & Aurovilians.
– Additional 30 % discount for Serendipity volounteers.
– 20 % reimbursement on your accommodation payment from Auroville Financial Service after 2 months of stay for Savi I registered volounteers.
– Free stay for children up to 4 years old in bed with parents.
– 2 nights minimum stay for walk-in guests on the same day.
– 4 nights minimum stay for reservations requested less than 1 week in advance.
– 7 nights minimum stay for reservations requested more than 1 week and less than 1 month in advance.
– 14 nights minimum stay for reservations requested more than 1 month in advance.
– Use of the common kitchen is only for guests staying at least 1 week.
– Auroville Guest Contribution & Aurocard included in the rates.
– Additional 12 % GST (Goods & Service Tax) over rates exceeding Rs. 1000.
– 50 % payment of the whole reservation required in advance.
– 100 % balance payment of the whole reservation required at check-in.
– 20 % cancellation fee for the unused nights if you let us know at least 1 week in advance.
– 50 % cancellation fee if you let us know at least 24 hours in advance for the first week of reservation and 20 % cancellation fee for the remaining nights.
– 100 % cancellation fee in case of no show for the first night, 50 % cancellation fee for the first week of reservation and 20 % cancellation fee for the remaining nights.